You are here
Hello MDAE parents and students. I’m Ms. Duson, the School Counselor. The 2016 – 2017 school year will be my 10th year at Adelanto School District. I spent the first 9 years as a Language Arts and Read 180 teacher at Columbia Middle School, and now I’m currently a counselor here at MDAE. I’m super excited to start this brand new school with all of you!
As a School Counselor, I perform the following roles, in order to promote positive development in academic, career, and personal/social domains:
- Individual counseling
- Small group counseling
- Classroom guidance (i.e. Large group counseling)
- Attend and participate in academic intervention meetings
- Observe students in a variety of school environments
- Consult and collaborate with parents, teachers, administrators, social workers and students.
- Respond to school crises or emergency situations
- Provide information and resources to parents on a variety of issues.
B.A. in Sociology
M.A. in Education
M.S. in Counseling and Guidance
Single Subject Teaching Credential – English
Pupil Personnel Services Credential – School Counseling
Students: Help me make 2016 – 2017 a year of kindness!
Kindness starts with you…
Hold the door open for someone. Carry someone’s book. Sit next to someone who by themselves. Help your parent’s with the dishes. Write a thank you note to a teacher.
All we need is one person to be a spark of kindness when someone needs it.… It starts with you!